Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good, Better, Best

Today has been one of those days that history tells us should just be spent in bed. I’m honestly having a very hard time coming up with anything positive to write. Someone once said “good, better, best—don’t stop going till you’re good gets better and your better gets best.” So I got going, but straight from the get-go, things kept getting worse.

Maybe that’s how today was supposed to be. Ever think that we’re sometimes supposed to epically fail? I sure hope that today was one of those instances. If it was, I definitely succeeded. Failure probably builds character, or something stupid like that.

Usually, we all seem to think that we know how life is supposed to be. We assume the veracity of the typical Disney formula of a few obstacles leading to happily ever after. Don’t worry: everything always works out in the end. What if what was a good outcome, could have been better?

Someone else once said something about everything being okay at the end and if it’s not all okay, then it’s not the end. I don’t know about you, but I want more than just “okay.” I want the absolute best possible. Who knows what that looks like, but I plan to continue looking anyway.

At the very least, I'm going to look for whoever keeps saying things like "good, better, best" so that I can tell them just how stupid I think they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment