Friday, July 30, 2010

Satisfying Contentment

There’s a fine line between satisfaction and passiveness. You’re always told to be content with what you have—be grateful because there’s always someone worse off than you. While I’m not saying that you shouldn’t be grateful, I don’t think you should just settle for what you’ve got.

This is America. It’s the 21st century. You can literally reach for the stars and get ahold of them if you want. You’ve got to at least try! It always surprises me what can be accomplished by simply working hard. Brains, ability, and talent are all great, but they do nothing if you just sit there.

So maybe everybody can’t be a super spy or win the Superbowl… but you definitely won’t succeed if you don’t even try. Sometimes, the fear of failure nearly paralyzes me. Self-confidence is certainly not one of my personal strengths. That doesn’t mean that I quit trying.

Last week was one of the most intense I’ve experienced in at least a year, mostly because I am discontent with where I am in life. I refuse to be satisfied with mediocrity. I may not accomplish everything I try, but any action is better than none. I'm happy to know that I didn't miss an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment