Saturday, July 10, 2010

Heat Wave

Ever have one of those weeks? You know, one of THOSE weeks. I’m just finishing one of them. Since I got back from vacation, pretty much every major aspect of my life has been subject to some form of catastrophe. On top of which, it’s been HOT!

One of the things I love about Scranton is its temperate climate. I do not enjoy warm weather. I think that the 70’s are the perfect summer temperature. The 80’s make me uncomfortable. When we hit the 90’s, I become miserable. 100 makes me wonder why God is punishing me.

We passed 100 several times this past week with a vicious heat wave. When combined with everything else going on, it was not a particularly pleasant few days. I have been incredibly grateful for my air-conditioned office! My apartment, however, has been so warm that I worried I might explode like a baked potato that wasn’t properly poked.

Thankfully, the heat wave seems to have subsided last night. It was still plenty hot today, but not so sweltering. Hopefully, I’ll soon find some relief from the other anxieties in my life. Until then, pass the ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment