Sunday, July 18, 2010

Giveth and Taketh Away

My life continues to be shaken of late. It’s been a blessing… and a curse. It can be incredibly hard to grasp the full significance of an event as it occurs. At the end of each day, all I can do is reiterate that the Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

So much of this crazy world is simply beyond my human comprehension. I’m not always very comfortable accepting that fact. The Lord moves in mysterious ways and I’m just along for the ride. I don’t know what’s around the next corner, which scares me.

It seems as though yet another part of my personal life may have been taken away. I really don’t want to even think about that possibility, but it’s very real. Meanwhile, a new opportunity has arisen in my professional career. It would be an exciting challenge, if I can get it. I can’t see the whole picture of my life, so I have no idea which events will prove to be important.

The secret seems to lie in the ability to get out of bed every morning and go out to meet a new day, completely unaware of what it may hold. Life’s pretty crazy, so you can never know what’s going to happen next. Regardless of what is given or taken, I must continue in trust and blessing. See you tomorrow morning, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment