Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Spontaneity

Until just a few minutes ago, my big plan for this evening was to go home and go to bed early. Maybe watch some Burn Notice. Then Michelle called. Now my plan is to spend the evening with a friend, cooking chicken fettuccine and watching chick flicks. I like this plan much better.

Generally, I like to know what to expect and plan ahead. One of the greatest lessons I learned in college was flexibility. Sometimes, I actually schedule unscheduled time on my calendar, for which I am not allowed to have an agenda. Life needs a little spontaneity every once in a while.

Very seldom can adventure be planned—with the exception of rollercoasters, of course. Pretty sure that “unexpected” is somewhere in the definition of adventure. I know that I can be a bit of a control freak sometimes (hey, I’m working on it). It actually takes a lot for me to accept a last-minute invitation, but it’s usually much more fun that way!

It’s pretty hard to surprise me, so kudos if you manage to. If you do catch me unawares and I get defensive, just give me a minute. Once I figure out what’s going on, I love a good random escapade. My life could use more excitement… or at least some chicken fettuccine and chick flicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment