Thursday, June 17, 2010

Guy Buttersnaps & Co.

I don’t know about you, but in this crazy world, I can only get by with a little help from my friends. Even if I do think I’m going crazy when I can’t find something because they borrowed it. I love all my friends and sometimes nicknames just happen. For instance, one of my current friends is generally referred to as Guy Buttersnaps, thanks to John Cena and James Roday.

Over the years, I’ve gotten to be good friends with Jae, Gidget, Helen, and the list goes on… Most of my best friends don’t live anywhere near me, but thank God for modern technology! Elsewise, how could I ever say my confession? Not seeing each other for a year or two at a time still stinks, though. Guy Buttersnaps, however, I usually see every day or two.

Sometimes it scares me when we order the exact same meals. We do love the same TV shows—she introduced me to Castle and Bones, and I showed her Burn Notice and Drop Dead Diva. Good friends aren’t just about fun, though. The time we banned complaining about stupid boys for a whole week was awesome. In fact, I think we may need to do that again soon.

My friends get me through the day. They think my purple Fergalicious shoes are fabulous (which they totally are) and sing Glee songs in my office. True friends also tell you the brutal truth when you need to hear it, and not just that the dress makes you look fat. Today, I’m grateful for my friends! Especially Guy Buttersnaps… even if she did “accidentally” throw out my Star Trek DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment