Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Fat Lady

You know what they say, it ain’t over till the fat lady sings. I don’t know about you, but I haven’t heard any fat lady singing. I’m a big fan of never give up, never surrender, and all those never-say-die sentiments.

Okay, so sometimes I may be the fat lady who sings, but as previously stated, I don’t believe in no-win scenarios. Unless you’re dead, there’s always something else you can do. Good thing the U.S. soccer team feels the same way, or we wouldn’t be advancing to the next round.

Apparently, John Isner also hates to give up—11 hours for a tennis match is ridiculous. Winners can’t quit half-way through. Sometimes, nothing but pure stubbornness keeps me going through a day. Sure, I may want to leave early and go home to put my feet up, but do I? Never! Okay, almost never.

Some people call it tenacity. Others simply refer to it as stick-to-it-ivity. I prefer “determination.” Whatever you call it, what matters is that you do it. Keep fighting! It’s not over till it’s over, and even then sometimes, you’re not done yet. I’m not dead yet, so I’ve gotta keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment