Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Plan

I am a planner. I know, you’re probably like “DUH!” But really, I like having a plan. I like knowing what to expect and having a reaction prepared. Hope for the best and plan for the worst is how I tend to operate. Some things in life simply cannot be foreseen and that is when an emergency evacuation plan comes in handy (or at least that’s what they tell you during fire drills).

There’s an old saying that no plan survives the battlefield. We all know that history is written by the winners and I am tired of being a loser. Just ask any of the non-famous generals… losing is not fun. You probably don’t know who these guys are because they lost and I am not going to live my life that way.

Now, I will not make “the classic villain mistake of explaining my dastardly plot to you,” and you will not get me monologuing. However, I do intend to plan my play and play my plan, of that you may be certain. It is too easy to cast the loser as the villain, even if that is not the case—that will not be my fate. As far as I'm concerned, there's always a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment