Sunday, May 23, 2010

No Regrets

There are many things in my life that I regret. Too many nights I have lain awake wondering “what if?” What if I had gone there, or had NOT said that, or had at least worn a different dress? Who knows how different my life would be if I had chosen differently in some of the seemingly most insignificant moments.

I know that all things work together for good and that there must be a reason in all this madness. Still, I am responsible for my own actions and may never know what providence I have denied. Bad things happen to good people every day through no fault of their own, and I am far from a saint.

Life goes on regardless of how much we screw it up. The sun continues to rise and mercy is new every morning. I need all the grace I can get to survive this crazy existence. Every day, I wonder why I am still here. I want to make a meaningful difference in the world, even if it’s just for one person in it.

I will continue to take chances, knowing that I may end up falling on my face. I may end up regretting some of my choices, but I already regret so many wrong decisions that I may as well make some new mistakes. It might be too late for some dreams to come true, but there are others. And if those don’t work out, there’s always chocolate. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment