Saturday, June 26, 2010

Best Supporting Actress

In case you didn’t know, I’m addicted to Burn Notice. I’ve watched it since the very first episode and own all the DVDs. Recently, I’ve gotten my friend Laura hooked on it as well. Yesterday, she was telling me that she has gotten a little too attached to the characters. You know it’s a good show when you can connect with the characters.

Then Laura said “I wish Michael knew the show was about him, then he would know that everything was going to be okay.” That reminded me of a line from The Holiday, about how you should stop acting like the Best Friend and be the Leading Lady of your own life. So many times I just play background scenery while someone else gets the spotlight.

I wonder, if my life were made into a movie or TV show, how would it turn out? Would it be a comedy or a drama? I would love for it to be a musical! I do know that it would have a happy ending, when it turns out that it wasn’t about me at all. I get to play an easy supporting role while someone else commands the audience’s attention.

If all the world is a stage, and all of us are merely actors, then what’s the point? We may each have our own little scene, but there can only be on true Star of the show. I don’t know exactly how my storyline is going to develop, but in the meantime, I’m going to be the best supporting actress ever.

Can I pick out the theme song?

No comments:

Post a Comment